At only 15 years old, whether she is singing, performing or acting, Nashville based artist Keelie Walker is leaving an impression on everyone whose path she crosses. After impressing, Multi-Platinum and Grammy nominated Producer/Songwriter Bryan Todd, Keelie and Bryan began recording songs immediately and previous singles “LOUD”, “PIECES” and “Hit Me Up” w/ Wideboys all hit the TOP 5 in Music Week’s Commercial Pop Chart and received big plaudits from media. Not only that, Keelie also supported the legendary Jason Derulo and was amongst the youngest to perform at Wembley Arena. Amazing! We decided to Take 5 with Keelie to find out more….
When did you realize that you wanted to make music?
I have always love singing around the house however I started out acting and dancing when my acting coach introduced me to my music producer Bryan Todd and we made a track together and from that point I just got excited and decided to go for it because it really is my first love.
What or who inspired you?
Beyonce and JLo, they are both very positive and always giving back to their communities plus they are awesome performers.
Tell us about your latest single ‘This Is What It’s Like’ – and also about making the video.
I wanted everyone to remember that first time you fell in love and how it made you feel and to never forget that “This is what it’s like’. On the video shoot it was so much fun because I was able to show different outfits and my dancers are always fun to hang with and the shoot was done in an old warehouse which was cool.
You are based in Nashville. Tell us five things you love about Nashville and why…….
- The Music: Everywhere you go it’s all about music in Nashville.
- Great Food: No matter what food you like we have it here.
- Fun things to do in the downtown area: So many different shops and malls plus we now have our first Soccer team in Nashville now.
- Awesome movie theatres: We have theatres you can go to in which you sit in this big recliner chair and they serve you food of your choice while you watch a movie.
- Home: Nashville is home for me and when I am not traveling I can just relax and play with my animals.
What are you most looking forward to this year?
I am coming out with my very first album this year and I am so excited for this summer because I am coming back to the UK to performed in arenas – and I can’t say who I am opening for – but keep up with me on IG and Tiktok for a big announcement very soon!